Success is interesting. No two successes are exactly the same, but there are many similarities. As your success grows, you’ll notice certain signs along the way. Knowing these signs in advance can be motivating. These 10 signs you see on the road to success action guide will help lead the way. As you notice one, you’ll feel a new wave of motivation since you know you’re making progress.
Keep your eyes open for the signs of success:
- A greater willingness to take risks. Playing it safe is sure sign that nothing spectacular is going to happen. You’ll find yourself taking more risks if you’re on the road to success. There’s no other way to do it.
- More integrity. Success requires the involvement of others. One of the most effective ways to build relationships is to demonstrate a lot of integrity. You’ll even find yourself doing the right thing when no one is watching. It becomes a habit.
- The ability to deal with obstacles and setbacks more easily. The more you attempt, the more obstacles and setbacks you’ll face. You’ll get plenty of practice and soon learn that these phenomena aren’t that big of a deal. You just deal with them and continue toward your goals. This is an important sign. Great successes require dealing with great obstacles.
- Gratitude. The more you attempt to accomplish, the more you appreciate all the “little” things you already possess. The importance of many things the average person takes for granted becomes more clear. Your family, friends, home, food, and clothes are more critical to your happiness than a shiny, new car.
- Less concern regarding the opinions of others. You’ll find that many of the least successful people you know are those most concerned with the opinions of others. They’re paralyzed by fear and refuse to do anything that might lead to failure and criticism.
- Raising of your standards. Once you’re satisfied, you’re done making progress. Can you imagine Donald Trump only making $50,000 per year? He’d go crazy and do everything he could to increase that amount. When you raise your standards, you create a new floor for your behavior and your results.
A Clear Vision for the Future
- A clear vision for the future. It’s hard to be successful if you don’t know where you’re headed. A clear objective makes the next step much more clear. If you don’t have clear vision for your future, get busy creating one.
- Freedom from the past. Successful people are focused on today and the future. They don’t have the time to worry about what happened 10 years ago or even 10 days ago.
- More self-discipline. Those that struggle with success imagine that success requires amazing effort and spectacular accomplishments. But success is boring 99% of the time. It’s the result of taking effective, and often boring, actions day after day after day.
- The ability to laugh at yourself. When you see what success entails, you’ll laugh at your former self. It’s easy to see how silly you’ve been once you taste success on a regular basis. Being successful is a game that doesn’t need to be taken so seriously. Enjoy life and laugh at yourself.
Some successes are easier to witness than others. It’s easy to measure your bank account or your body weight. Other successes come more subtly and take longer periods of time. However, there are signs you can expect to see on the road to success. Learn these signs and keep your eyes open. Each time you see one, you’ll gain a boost of motivation and know you’re on the right path.