Sometimes, after challenges at the office, miserable rush hour traffic, and long lines at the grocery store, the end of the day can’t come quickly enough for you! Having 4 easy ways to unwind after a long day is necessary. In fact, not engaging from a day at work has been related to health issues such as cardiovascular disease, fatigue, negative moods, and insomnia.
With all the frustrations you deal with in a typical day, it’s only fair that you allow yourself to unwind. Plus, relaxing and rejuvenating yourself is the best way to ensure a tranquil night’s sleep and be prepared for another day.
Try these 4 easy ways to unwind after a long day:
- Get a good laugh. Any doctor will attest to the remarkable benefits of laughter as a method of stress release and relief! Laughter is like an exercise in that it encourages the release of feel-good hormones and endorphins. To unwind after a long day and try these easy ways to get a laugh:
- Watch re-runs of your favorite childhood comedy.
- Invite your most free-spirited friends over to talk about the events of their day. They’ll have you laughing hysterically when you share stories over a glass of wine or a bowl of chips.
- Jump in the car and visit the movie theater to watch a funny film. The ambiance of the movie theater would also be a great change from your regular scenery at home.
- Soak in a lavender bath. Relaxing in the tub is therapeutic and calming in itself, but it’s even more effective when you put a few drops of lavender essence in the bathwater. It’s a great accompaniment if you want to use your bath time to meditate.
- For centuries, this herb has been used as a remedy for a range of ailments, from insomnia and anxiety to depression and fatigue.
- In fact, further research has proven that gently inhaling lavender results in a calm and soothing effect.
Stretching Helps Your Mind and Body to Relax:
- Do some Pilates stretches. You will benefit from doing a couple of stretches to unwind your mind and body. Most of them are pretty easy and do not take a lot of time. In fact here is a 10-minute pilates video that you can use and don’t have to search. They are the three best stretches for relaxing.
- Stretching and holding each position for a minute or two can really allow your mind to release the frustration so you are less stressed.
- As a matter of fact, you can also benefit physically by loosening those tense, tight muscles.
- Read a novel. You’d be surprised at how easily you can let go of your burdens by allowing yourself to slip into the storyline of a good book. Reading is a great way to escape life’s realities and become part of a fantasy, if even for a moment in time!
- Funny novels are great because they make you laugh while you become familiar with the characters’ quirks.
- Thrillers are great books for stress relief as well. The suspense in every turn of the page takes you to a completely different world than the one that stressed you out all day.
You deserve these 4 easy ways to unwind so that you are relaxed, calm, and happy. Even though things happen each day to affect your peace of mind, it’s important to keep the unwelcome state of being from taking over. Use these strategies to give yourself the opportunity to unwind, rest, and rejuvenate. You’ll see life from a whole new perspective!