Most people don’t believe they fear success, but most of us would be wrong. We rarely change our lives because we are comfortable with our situation. We might not like them, but it’s comfortable because we know what to expect. Even though we may be unhappy, we think we can deal with it or that it’s for the best.
In a nutshell, we don’t like change. Similarly, we don’t like the prospect of failing or of standing out.
You might fear success if you:
• Consistently make plans for your life, but fail to follow through on them. Whether it’s to start a business, read a book a month, or hit the gym five days a week, you just can’t seem to stick with your goals.
• You leave projects uncompleted. This includes at work and in your personal life.
• You’re all talk. You rarely take action.
• You struggle to make decisions. • Your life never changes for the better.
• You self-sabotage, especially when you’re nearing success.
This probably describes most of the people you know. Does it describe you accurately?
How to Get Rid of Fear
Try using these strategies to defeat your fear of success and make real changes in your life:
1. Imagine being ultra-successful. Imagine yourself being even more successful than you want to be. If your goal is to make $100,000 per year, imagine making $1 million. If you want to lose 25 pounds, imagine getting lean enough that you can see your abs. Do this each night and morning while in bed.
◦ Make the visualization as vivid as possible. Include all of your senses. When it feels uncomfortable, stick with it and just relax.
◦ In time, it will feel natural. When that happens, achieving your goal will be much easier.
2. Practice standing out. Many of us fear success because we don’t want to stand out in any way. Somewhere along the way, we learned or decided that it’s better to keep our head down than to be noticed.
◦ There are a variety of ways you can practice standing out in your everyday life. You can dress differently. You might even put on a pair of pink mittens and walk around the mall in the middle of the summer. Or you could wear your best clothes to the store.
◦ You could go out in public with your hair disheveled.
◦ You can do something in public that you’re either really good or really bad at, like bowling.
How To Get Rid of Fear Forever
3. Reframe failure. Fear of success might actually be a fear of failure. Keep in mind that failure is just an undesired result. It says nothing about you. It simply means that you need more practice, more time, or a better approach. When you can view failure in this manner, there’s nothing to fear.
4. Focus on action over thought. We can’t fear success if we don’t think. If you need to send 100 cold emails to find clients for your business, just sit down and get busy. The longer you think about it, the harder it becomes. Just decide and take action.
5. Have a real vision for the future. Enough motivation can overcome any fear. Create a possible future in your mind that is worth overcoming any obstacle. Fear doesn’t matter if you have a very compelling future in mind.
Do You Fear Success? If So What Can You Do?
Do you fear success? It seems counterintuitive to fear success, but it’s a common obstacle to making sustained progress in life. Success does bring attention, the unknown, and the possibility of failure.
Create a vision for the future that will pull you through any fears you might have. Also, be certain to do daily affirmations for success which should help make the vision you are creating vivid. You can learn to write your own affirmations by reading my latest post here, and if you want to know how to use your affirmations I have you covered. Remember, you only have one life to live. Avoid allowing fear to limit your life.
6 Step: How to Live Without Fear Of Success
However, despite their best efforts, too many people let obstacles of the mind sabotage their best efforts: Procrastination, Limiting beliefs, Lack of confidence, Lack of willpower or Negative thinking is deeply rooted.
I want to introduce you to one of the most effective tools I know of and use for creating success in anything you do. I’m talking about…
It’s called Holosync, and I’ve been recommending it for many years. Holosync is a proven, technological method for creating positive changes in the brain that create more energy, willpower, focus, motivation…
How Does The Holosync Method Work?
Holosync systematically enhances your prefrontal cortex, the source of:
- The ability to set goals and plan for the future
- The ability to feel and express emotions
- Concentration and focus
- Learning from experience
- Executive function
- Rational thinking
- Problem solving
- Impulse control
You can see why strengthening your prefrontal cortex will increase your ability to succeed.
Meanwhile, Holosync also calms your limbic system, the source of many common human problems that are poison for positive life changes:
- An inability to consider long-term consequences and stick with a goal
- Over-production of harmful stress chemicals
- Negative thinking, negative feelings
- A low threshold for stress
- Relationship problems
- A lack of willpower
- Emotional reactivity
- Bad habits
- Brain fog
In fact, over 2.2 million people in 193 countries have already changed their lives by using Holosync. You should become one of them.
You can even try a free sample and find out what the Holosync experience is all about.
Holosync is one of my favorite brain tools. Just click here to learn more and to try it for yourself.
If you like this post, please share it and follow me on Facebook!