Mental toughness is essential for your business and can benefit you in many ways. When you’re mentally tough, it’s easier to beat challenges, whether or not they be mental, physical, emotional, or something that’s keeping you from achieving goals for your business. Would you wish to make your startup or online business lifestyle easier with mental toughness?
Fortunately, you don’t have to be born mentally tough. You can cultivate toughness. And you can grow your mental toughness step by step from wherever your starting point happens to be.
Use these strategies to create a level of mental toughness which will send a chill down the spine of most others:
● Meditation is often exhausting and uncomfortable, both physically and emotionally. It’s uncomfortable to sit in the same position for any length of time. Your brain is used to tons more stimulation than meditation provides. However, one form of meditation that stimulates the brain during meditation is Holosync which you can check out here, this audio meditation free download puts you into a deep meditative state at the push of a button.
● Once you teach yourself to take a seat and focus your mind, you are practicing mental toughness.
2. Positive Mindset. In order to increase your mental toughness and manage stress, the first thing you have to do is focus on building a strong, positive mindset in your everyday life. In fact, according to the Cleveland clinic, we have roughly 45,600 negative thoughts per day.
Carrying around all of our negative thoughts is like going on a hike in the mountains and carrying a backpack full of rocks. The hike is hard enough on its own, but when we have extra junk weighing us down the fun relaxing trip we planned has now become a recipe for failure.
At times, building mental toughness isn’t as much about building strength as it is about saving your strength for the right tasks. Wouldn’t it be better to take the rocks out of the backpack instead of trying to build enough strength to carry the extra weight?
* I am not enough?
* Based on the past how will I end up trying this?
* I need money to make money.
When we allow this negative self-talk to overflow our mind we then don’t have the ability to think positive. Most important, find a way to stop your mind from producing these negative thoughts. Which is easier said than done.
4. Use affirmations. There are plenty of affirmations online related to mental toughness. YouTube is loaded with videos of affirmations. Also, you can sign up and download weekly affirmations straight to your inbox. Be sure to say them out loud to yourself daily and this will help get the positive thoughts to the subconscious part of your brain.
5. Only concern yourself with what you can control. One way to be tougher is to focus all of your mental and physical resources on just one thing – something that you can control. Avoid spreading yourself too thin. Why worry about something you can’t do anything about?
6. Avoid complaining. Complaining is a demonstration of weakness. If you’re tough, you don’t complain, because nothing can bother you. Show yourself and the world that you’re a tough guy, or tough gal, by not complaining about anything.
● That doesn’t mean you’ve got to tolerate something you don’t like. If you can change it, change it. If you can’t, keep yourself from complaining about it.
7. Finish what you start. Most folks want to quit before we’re done. We’ll vacuum the last room tomorrow. That last repetition of the bench press isn’t necessary. Why pound away on the treadmill for an hour once you can quit after 45 minutes? Some of those dirty dishes need to soak anyway.
● Quitting is the result of either physical or emotional discomfort. Learning the way to finish what you begin may be a great habit to grow and display your mental toughness. It’s also great for your overall success in life.
● Tell yourself each day just how tough and resilient you are.
● once you notice your internal dialog starting to falter, fall back on those affirmations.
● Make this a daily habit. It takes time, but affirmations can make a difference.
How tough are you? It’s a trick question, because it doesn’t matter. Whether you’re super tough or a total wimp, you can become even tougher. You don’t have to join the marines, live in a cabin with no electricity or running water, or join a motorcycle gang to learn how to be tough. You can teach yourself each day.
If you like this post, please comment and follow us on Facebook!