This is your New Year’s resolution review how are you doing? Your intention was to start the year off with a bang. You made all the necessary plans to ensure that this was going to be the year that you made big changes and saw big results. However, most people either forget about or give up on their New Year’s resolutions by February. Does this sound familiar?
Even if you’re one of the masses that isn’t on track at this point, there’s still plenty of time to pull out a big win. You don’t have to wait until next year to try again. The first of the year is just another day. Today is just as good a day as any to start again.
This year can still be the most amazing year of your life!
Try these techniques to stay with or get back on track with your New Years resolutions:
- Evaluate your behavior based on your resolutions. Think about your resolutions and consider your behavior regarding those goals.
● How are you acting in ways that are supportive of those goals? For example, if you’re trying to grow your business, are you making a weekly plan? Planning is vital if you want to have a healthy, growing business.?
● How are you acting in ways that are counter to your goals?
● How are you basing your decisions on your goals?
● How often do you plan your day with your goals in mind?
- Evaluate your results based on your new year’s resolutions. How much progress have you made? Are you promoting your business regularly and consistently? How focused and relaxed are you? How close are you to achieving your goal?
● How long is it going to take to reach your objectives based on your progress so far?
- Be honest with yourself. If you’re failing, why? When did you start getting off track? What is the reason for your lack of progress? What could you have done better?
● If you’re doing well, what improvements can you make?
Make A New Plan If Necessary
- Make a new plan if necessary. Make a new plan if you’re struggling. See if you can make an even better plan if you’re ahead of schedule. Set milestones and review your progress toward those milestones at regular intervals.
- Predict the obstacles. Consider the obstacles you’ve already faced and consider new obstacles you’re likely to encounter.
● Have a plan in place to deal with those issues if they arise. Obstacles are less intimidating if you already have a strategy in place for dealing with them.
- Gather your resources. Think about everything you’re going to need to be successful this time.
● How much time will you need each day?
● What knowledge do you need to acquire?
● Whose help do you need?
● What personality traits and attitudes do you need to possess?
Reevaluate Your New Year’s Resolutions
- Reevaluate your new year’s resolutions on a regular basis. Avoid letting yourself lapse this time around. Schedule a time to sit down and evaluate your progress. This might be nightly or monthly, depending on your goal. Think about what will work best for your situation.
- Don’t give up. If your goal is even remotely reasonable, you’ll eventually succeed If you keep trying. You’re guaranteed to fail if you give up.
● Remember: Successful people are bold, and they don’t give up.
It’s common for people to give up, or forget about, their New Year’s resolutions by the time February 1st rolls around. Even if you fall into that category this year, there’s no reason to lose hope.
Every day is a good day to start taking your life seriously and commit to making real progress.
I am here to help you!
As a Self Awareness Coach, I’m always looking for new clients to work with who have the drive and ambition to understand themselves better.
Using EFT and other modalities that I’ve developed over the past 7 years we’ll reflect on all aspects of your business lifestyle. We’ll find the positives and negatives, and isolate what needs to be done to help you make progress. We’ll seek to find a stronger, more clearly defined sense of direction in your business life, focusing on your wants and needs. I aim to provide a way for you to self reflect upon your position in your business, and create a plan to get you where you want to be.
I’m ready to have a powerful conversation!
Give yourself the privilege of a reset and start again. Use what you’ve learned in the last month to make a more effective plan going forward.