During this time of uncertainty, it can be difficult to relax especially for black people and people of other nationalities who are also feeling the emotion and trauma that comes from racial injustice. So, I thought I’d share these Racial Anxiety Relief Self Reflections, “Respect Others and Myself.” Also, at the end of this post, I added affirmations for you to use daily.
While thinking about all that’s been going on in the world and wondering what I could do to help, I came across a tapping video entitled “Racial Anxiety Relief” by Dr. Damon Silas. I was even more excited because this tapping video is on one of my favorite websites “The Tapping Solution.” So, this gave me the idea to offer affirmations to my audience for this very subject.
These racial anxiety affirmations will help you to relax to feel better and reflect on what is happening, but, you won’t absorb so much of the negative energy concerning the injustice. If you have never tapped before, watch the video and listen at first and watch the yellow points to know where to tap using your first two fingers of either hand, the forefinger, and the middle finger. If you have any questions please contact me.
I respect others and myself – Self Reflection:
One of my fundamental values and beliefs is respect. I respect myself and other people. If I fail to have respect for myself, others will fail to respect me, too. Everyone that is doing their best deserves respect. I am doing my best.
At the end of the day, it is my responsibility to take care of myself. I take this responsibility very seriously.
I have many obligations: family, career, my health, and my happiness, to name a few. I must respect myself if I am going to meet these obligations consistently.
I deserve respect. I am respectful to others and live a life worthy of respect from others.
I appreciate the value each person brings to the world. I also appreciate the differences between people. When I respect others, I am more likely to receive respect in return.
Relationships are built on mutual trust and respect. My relationships thrive when I give and receive respect. Lacking respect, relationships falter and eventually fail.
Life is short, so I respect every moment of it. I also respect the people in it. The most significant parts of life are composed of people. I am grateful for the people in my life, and gratefulness is a form of respect.
Today, I realize that most folks do the best they can. I appreciate their efforts and show respect to everyone I encounter. In return, I deserve their respect as well. I respect others and myself.
1. Whom do I respect the most in my life? Why? 2. What can I do to feel like I deserve more respect from myself and others? 3. How would my life be changed if I respected other people more? If I respected myself more?
5 Affirmations to Repeat to Yourself Each Day:
Boosting your self-esteem and mental health on a daily basis are important. With all the uncertainty in the world right now, it’s important for you to take the time to acknowledge just how awesome and valuable you are.
Talking to yourself each day isn’t a bad thing as long as you’re using positive words to boost yourself up.
If you’re worried that you’re starting to become a bit negative, luckily, you can take charge and turn that around.
You have the capability to be your own biggest cheerleader. Why not give yourself an immediate morale boost every single day?
Use these simple Affirmations to turn around the whole outlook of your day:
- I am important. Everything that you do brings value to someone or something throughout the day. No matter what, remember that you’re on someone’s mind that day and they’re thankful for you.
● If you don’t believe that you’re important, it’s too easy to feel like just giving up. Don’t let that happen because, once it does, it’s a hill to climb back up. You are important and you matter.
- My thoughts and feelings matter. We don’t have to get along and agree with every single person that we cross paths with. In fact, it’s okay to be and feel different than everyone else.
● If you have a good thought, say it. Or if you have a good idea for the workplace, put it out there. Avoid selling yourself and your abilities short.
- I love myself. Always remember to love yourself and put yourself first. Avoid letting self-doubt creep in.
● Showering yourself with love is important. The moment that you stop, you’ll notice that your mood shifts into a more negative outlook. You can prevent that from happening by telling yourself that you love yourself first thing every single morning and throughout the day, too.
- I can do this. You have the ability to do whatever you want in life as long as you believe that you can. Don’t let anyone or troubling circumstances tell you differently. As long as you persevere, you’ll reach your goal.
- Today is a brand-new day. Isn’t it amazing how each day allows you to start over with a blank canvas? Whatever happened yesterday or last week no longer applies.
● Once you hop out of bed, focus on the present day. When you’re thinking only about what you’re doing right now, the past and the future fade away, along with your regrets and worries.
● Remember – what you do today frames your future. This is why today is so important. Even if you’re dealing with some negative effects of errors you may have made in the past, what you do today can alter your life for the better.
● It’s a brand-new day! So, go for it with all the gusto you’ve got!
Now is your time to shine. You hold the key to building yourself up to be a model of confidence.
Everyone can learn to appreciate and build their self-confidence. The moment that you actually start to believe in yourself is the moment that you’ll start walking down an exciting new path in life.
Take the time to build yourself up daily by repeating these simple sayings. They really can help change the course of your life.
If you like this post, please like, share, comment and follow me on Facebook.