What is self-awareness? The dictionary defines self-awareness as “knowledge and awareness of your own personality or character.” When you’re self-aware, you’ve got an accurate and clear understanding of your personality, strengths, weaknesses, and beliefs. In other words, you know what makes you tick and how self-awareness is bound to impact your success.
Your level of self-awareness can influence your relationships, career, business, and overall your happiness:
1. Self-awareness is important for taking control of your life and business. The direction of your life is decided by your thoughts, beliefs, emotions, and reactions. Self-awareness is the principal way of understanding and manipulating this stuff.
* Self-awareness helps you to realize faulty beliefs and emotional reactions to stress. If we are first aware that we are stressed we can then make choices that decrease our stress level so that we respond appropriately.
Help with Failure and Challenges
2. Self-awareness illuminates the important reasons for past failures and challenges. We often dismiss our failures as bad luck or not having the proper timing. It’s much more likely that you failed to read the situation, others, and yourself accurately. It’s much easier to ascertain the rationale behind relationships, online business, and other struggles once you can check out yourself clearly.
* Are you consistently struggling in personal or in your business relationships? It’s only logical to conclude that you’re doing something wrong or unsuccessful.
* those that lack self-awareness is puzzled by their negative outcomes or blame others exclusively.
* Executives and business managers that have an understanding of their weaknesses are ready to build a team composed of members that fill those weaknesses.
* a scarcity of self-awareness puts a limit on your leadership abilities.
Personal Development Means Personal Progress
Self-awareness is the foundation for personal progress. Without it, any personal development efforts are going to be severely hampered. Building greater self-awareness won’t happen overnight, but it is often developed.
How to Develop Self-Awareness
Build your self-improvement one step at a time:
1. Write your own manifesto. Think about then document your views on life, your goals, and your intentions. You might be surprised by what you write. This is an excellent initiative for understanding yourself and your beliefs.
2. Make an inventory of your strengths and weaknesses. How do you know? Are you certain? Avoid jumping to conclusions. You may have always believed that you are a hard worker, but are you? To whom are you comparing yourself? Provide yourself with the proof before you make decisions.
3. What would others say about you? Consider how your spouse, children, friends, family, co-workers, and employees would describe you. What would they suggest you improve about yourself? Then ask them and see how accurate you are. Do you know how others perceive you? Find out how perceptive you are.
* Perceptive people are discerning, sharp, and able to see what others cannot. For instance, if you are upset but trying to hide it, a perceptive person is the one who will notice.
Success and Self-Improvement
* Meditate at least once each day. Spend the remainder of the day listening to yourself, others, and your surroundings. You can develop a better degree of self-awareness by just listening.
* Question yourself throughout the day. “What am I attempting to achieve?” “What emotions am I feeling right now and why?” “What are the people around me feeling?”
I am here to help,
Using EFT and other modalities that I’ve developed over the past 7 years we’ll reflect on all aspects of your business lifestyle. We’ll find the positives and negatives, and isolate what needs to be done to help you make progress. We’ll seek to find a stronger, more clearly defined sense of direction in your business life, focusing on your wants and needs. I aim to provide a way for you to self reflect upon your position in your business, and create a plan to get you where you want to be.
I look forward to coaching you soon.
Self-awareness is the cornerstone of success and self-improvement. Without self-awareness, the knowledge you possess cannot be applied effectively. It’s necessary to know your beliefs, habits, strengths, and weaknesses to form one’s own change. Avoid assuming that you’re self-aware. Give it some time and thought.